COINS, FROM EVERYWHERE (not actually from everywhere)


 

      If you have seen my introduction post, I love collecting. When I said that I loved collecting, I meant it. I always loved collecting anything, from everywhere, from everyone. Who knows what is in my collection, it could be your broken hairpin being stuffed in my collected collection.

      Anything done or made with history, I am keeping it. Except for haunted dolls. Or anything that has spirits bound to it. I am not risking my life for my hobby. Now I will introduce you to the thing that you were oh so intrested in, coins. Speciffically ones that are from what I think is, Thaiwan, China, England and Indonesia?? I am guessing really, but you can confirm me if you have had ever been to any of those places (or generally smarter than me). 

     Storytime of how I got all theese. I actually stole them from the counter where my father works. I remember that I saw theese coins that were really unfamiliar to me. It was in a gigantic glass bowl. I took one look at it and knew, I had to do it. Mainly so I could share my, intelligence (respect my childish thoughts) and stories. I thought that theese could actually come in handy when I needed them. And so, I took a small handful of those coins and put it in my sweater, which had pockets.

     ... I feel kind of disappointed I did not actually find them myself all around the world, but hey, I don't have to spend the money when I wanted to collect things or that belongs to other countries which I knew would be expensive to get to. Killed two birds with one stone. Alright, now it is time for the explanation and etc.

       

Best message meaning, so emotional

        All hail queen of England. Actually I did some research and, she is fom London. I am sorry for the lack of research. It is my favorite because of the words on the side.



Words: I am glad


Words: Pleased (super) Idol


Words: With Your Father

   

    No that is not the actual defination of the word. It is said that "The edge inscription PLEIDIOL WYF I'M GWLAD means "True am I to my country". Coins issued in 1985 circulated for 32 years until they were demonetised in 2017 and replaced with the current bimetallic one pound coin.". Apparently there was a kind of English in the past that was diffrent from the one we have now.

  And a side of the coin where the queen Elizabeth II portrait resided there were the words "ELIZABETH II D G REG" that means from google "Its obverse bears the Latin engraving ELIZABETH II D G REG (Dei Gratia Regina) F D (Fidei defensor) meaning, 'Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith'."

  Now that it is clear that it is Latin, I found that it is spoken from Italian people and Rome. Wow, so much histrory. Though I was not allowed to speak of pollitical stuff so yeah, I will deep dive this matter myself.


Next is this coin



    Apparently this coin is originated from Taiwan. I have no idea what the words say because I do not know how to write it in my computer, so teacher this is a very bold question but: Can you do the research for me please? I do not know what I am actually doing so please spare me from a momment of lecture (I am very sorry for the assumption but hey, you are still my favorite teacher, considering how you are just like my mother :)) 



     This is how you figure out how much money this is. If it says 10, it means 10 Taiwan dollar. In our country it would be only 50cents. Basically, their money has no value.


Next coin


"DONG" -Wise words from a Vietnam coin


    This is a Vietnam coin. The words "ngân hàng nhà nuoc viet nam" translate to; according to google, "Vietnam's home bank". 2000 dong equals to 5cents in our country.


And the last among of the chosen coins




This one is from Brunei. I do not actually know what langguage Brunai people speak. I do know that 50cents in Brunei is RM1 and 50cents here.

That is actually suppose to be the end but I wanted to add pence as well.




I am guessing that this is Elizabeth II when she was only a princess. This one two pence which is 36cents in our country.


Apparently the story I thought of having my hands of theese coins were diffrent from my mum's perspective. My father used to travel to these places, brought back coins and threw them everywhere because he does not have a use for it. While I on the other hand, being commented that I was kind of stupid, kept those coins for myself.

I just wanted to share these with you guys because I have no adventures, but something even more impressive.

I am aware of the spelling mistakes, but I am very tired from making this blog post, so just pretend you do not actually just saw it.

I hope to write more? Maybe not after tiring myself making this blog post- I hope you have a good day.

Comments

Post a Comment